I was planning Bachelor night with the girls and I was trying to come up with a light chocolate dessert that wasn't extremely traditional. I went through my cabinets and came across a jar of nutella I was given for a gift and thought, let's make some magic with this baby!
I am currently obsessed with bruschetta––meaning I will eat it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner if I have to. So I thought, why not combine some of my favorite things to make a sexy, delicious dessert for ladies night? Brilliant.
- 1 loaf French bread, sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 4 oz mascarpone cheese (softened)
- 6 oz Nutella (or other chocolate spread)
- 2 cups fresh, diced strawberries
- 2 tsp. fresh mint, (roughly chopped optional)
- Pre-heat your oven to 400 degrees. Spread melted butter on one side of sliced bread and place onto your cookie sheet. Make sure to have the butter side up while baking. Toast for about 4-5 minutes. Remove from over and let cool.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the mascarpone cheese and the Nutella (or chocolate spread), until they are completely blended. In another bowl, toss together mint (diced works best which I forgot to do!) and strawberries.
- Now to put this masterpiece together! Spread the Nutella+mascarpone mix onto the toasted bread. Top each slice with the strawberry+mint mixture.
- Serve fresh!